D-blog Day 2011 Scrapbook Page

D-blog Day 2011 Scrapbook Page

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

How I spent World Diabetes Day

Since World Diabetes Day fell on a Monday, it is not surprising that I spent most of the day on a tennis court. Monday is currently my busiest teaching day on the court: a total of seven hours. Hope everyone had a great World Diabetes Day. I, of course, was wearing blue to commemorate the day. Here is my Facebook status for the end of the day:

How did I spend World Diabetes Day?...On the tennis court my feet found the way...Hit lots of tennis balls...was at one point called an "invincible wall"...thanks to Frederick Banting and Charles Best for discovering insulin because otherwise I would be dead...And on that matter no more need be said...diabetes is not that bad...I still get up out of bed everday and of that I am glad...So stay strong... and to steal from a friend may India Arie's A Beuatiful Day be our song. D

No comments:

Post a Comment