D-blog Day 2011 Scrapbook Page

D-blog Day 2011 Scrapbook Page

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Diabetes Awareness Month In On Deck Circle

Just as the World Series is coming to a climax this week, a big event for all diabetics and their family, friends, and supporters, is moving into the on deck circle. Next Tuesday, November 1, kicks off Diabetes Awareness Month. The first big event -- T1 Day for Type 1 awareness -- takes center stage on that day which just happens to be 11-1-11 on the calendar. As part of Diabetes Awareness month I plan to take part in the Juvenation Blog Carnival Challenge -- answering a question about diabetes for all 30 days of the month of November. Meanwhile, I will also be taking part in the Blue Fridays as I plan to wear blue in support of diabetes awareness every Friday in November -- as well as on World Diabetes Day November 14.

Meanwhile, as I wrap up this Tuesday October 25 I leave you with a little rhyme to commemorate a notable duo in diabetes research:

"On this day in 1923 Canadians Frederick Banting and J. J. R. Macleod won the Nobel Prize for their discovery of insulin...from me today for them I offer up a very huge grin."

No comments:

Post a Comment